Corona Virus and other Health related remedies
Today, we are faced with an unusual variant of the novel Corona virus – Covid-19, the world over, causing a lot of panic and disruption of normal life, economy etc. We have been inundated with a lot of queries from readers asking what they can do during these times to tide over the crisis. It is very important to follow the advices issued by the Government, maintaining social distancing/personal hygiene etc and seeking medical help/intervention as required.
In addition, the Purāṇic literature in India, speaks volumes of such incidents caused by Rākṣasās, assuming various dimensions in size and in various anthropomorphic forms etc. In the Devi Bhāgvata purāṇa describing the Devi Mahatmyam, we encounter the story of the Divine Mother Kāli, a manifestation of Goddess Durga, emerging to annihilate the Rākṣasā Raktabīja, whose blood drops would multiply into more manifestations of the same Raktabīja, falling upon the Earth. The Divine Mother Kāli, with Her enormous lolling tongue, laps up all the blood drops and completely annihilates Raktabīja.
We can correlate the minute form of Raktabīja to that of a virus or any other micro-organism capable of causing a lot of fatalities and disruption. To overcome these type of extreme health hazards, the assistance of ugra devatā-s might be necessary. For remedial measures during these infectious times, the following could be suggested –
1. Devotees can recite the following mantra : Mantra for curing Ailments
2. Those who are initiated into Dakṣiṇa Kāli mantra japa, may recite the mantra to protect themselves and their dear ones. Any kavacam related to Dakṣiṇa Kāli, maybe recited as well. Dakṣiṇa Kāli ṣoḍha nyāsā is also very useful for protection of our health, wealth and general well-being during these trying times.
3. Śrī Vidyā Upāsakas with Pañcadaśī or higher initiations, may consider Khaḍgamālā stotram or nāmāvali recitation as well. Those with Mahāṣoḍaśī initiation may consider laghu or mahā ṣoḍha nyāsā-s as well. Lalita Sahasranāmam is considered very effective as well!
4. Devotees of Lord Nṛsiṃha, can also recite the Śrī Mantrarāja Pada Stotram, to obtain immense protection from all types of diseases.
5. Devotees and initiates of Śrī Pratyaṅgirā, should also consider reciting the Ātma Rakṣa Vipartja Pratyaṅgirā mantram and turn the tables on the virus. The Sarvārtha sādhaka kavacam is also very useful and beneficial for the sādhaka-s.
6. Those suffering from skin infections and easily susceptible to diseases due to bad placement of the natal Sun in one’s horoscope, should also consider reciting the Saura/Sūrya mantram.
7. Devotees and initiates of the Divine Mother Durga devi, will never be disappointed by seeking the refuge of the Caṇḍī Navākṣarī mantra. Initiates of Śūlinī Durga will be protected by Her mantra japa as well as by Her kavacam. There is nothing that is not possible or achievable for Her devotees and Her kavacam is extraordinary, when it comes to health benefits! You can read Durga Devi related mantras here: Durga Devi Articles
8. Indrākṣi stotram and mantra are also very beneficial and suggested against deadly diseases.
This article is writen by Krishna and can be contacted at Krishna@manblunder.com